Business Development Representative
Title Business Development Representative
Category Full Time
Status Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports to VP of Business Development
Start Date December 2021/January 2022
COMPENSATION $60-$80k/Annual DOE + Commission
Voted Best Places to Work for seven years, we are a dynamic, San Diego-based company with a team of experienced HR professionals offering payrolling, staffing, pre-screening, international services, and overall HR related solutions for temporary workers and contractors. Our dedication to customer service and focus on utilizing technology for streamlining processes is our core philosophy.
TCWGlobal is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team. The BDR will identify, source, and close good-fit prospects. The BDR is responsible for generating new business opportunities, qualifying leads, and prospecting through existing business accounts to further grow the current account portfolio. Using strong consultative business skills, you will balance contacting and driving self-sourced leads for your pipeline, while also partnering closely with internal stakeholders to achieve team goals and work towards TCWGlobal's mission. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have the ability to communicate to all levels of an organization, and great understanding of TCW's products and services. In addition, a successful candidate will have an eagerness to learn the industry while also be coachable in the nuances of our niche business.
On average, after three years in the BDR role, potential income/OTE (on-target earnings) is $150k/year. Overtime is a requirement of this role.
- Position the value of TCWGlobal and our methodology to businesses around the world
- Maintain a high volume of research and outreach to prospects
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey to help them learn how TCWGlobal can align and maximize their contingent labor strategies
- Manage a pipeline of self-sourced leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships with client stakeholders
- Analyze and qualify prospect’s business goals to determine if TCWGlobal can be a strategic investment for their business growth
- Close business with new customers at or above quota level
- Partner with CRA’s (Client Relations Analyst) and StaffingNation (our proprietary software) departments to execute sales strategy as the company introduces enhancements to existing solutions and/or releases new products
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Industry experience a huge plus (employer of record services, payroll, and/or recruiting and staffing)
- 1-2 years of sales or business development experience
- Experience with successful outreach (phone calls, emailing, and networking)
- Have the desire and commitment to do what it takes to be successful in sales
- Motivated self-starters
- Eagerness to learn and be coachable
- Have a positive outlook, growth mindset and a strong ability to take responsibility for their successes and failures
- Have exceptional consultative selling and closing skills
- Are Top Producers and Achievers in their current role
- Have a sharp focus on their goals and a belief that their daily, weekly, and monthly activities will help achieve them
Salary & Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Additional compensation is directly tied to commissions and meeting sales objectives and goals
TCWGlobal is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.