STATUS: Salary, Exempt
REPORTS TO: HR Compliance Manager
LOCATION: San Diego, CA (Onsite)
START DATE: ASAP
Voted Best Places to Work for several years, we are a dynamic, San Diego-based company with a team of experienced HR professionals offering payrolling, staffing, pre-screening, international services, and overall HR related solutions for temporary workers and contractors. Our dedication to customer service and focus on utilizing technology for streamlining processes is our core philosophy.
We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented Compliance Specialist to join our energetic team and who will interact daily with clients and employees. This position is responsible for the company’s compliance activities, policy development, escalated employee relations and legal compliance for the organization. In addition to these responsibilities, the candidate should be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a "can-do" attitude.
- Works with Compliance Manager to research and track changing employment laws; helps distribute information to relevant parties
- Serve as point of contact for Workers Compensation claims received by Contingent Workforce
- Assist Operations team with compliance related questions and guidance
- Provides support for escalated employee relations; objectively and thoroughly conducts formal/ informal investigations and provides recommendations.
- Prepares detailed reports in response to investigations and employee relations compliance issues
- Develops/modifies company forms and contracts used in business operations
- Design and assist in the education and training of managers and departments on regulatory and compliance issues
- Assist with Independent Contractor eligibility determinations and compliance management
- Other compliance projects as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s in related discipline; 3+ years’ Human Resources, Legal, Compliance/Regulatory experience
- Paralegal Certificate and/or PHR Certificate preferred
- Ability to interpret regulations and laws and disseminate information
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Excellent communication and writing skills with internal and external contacts
- Ability to handle detailed, confidential and time sensitive work
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel advanced proficiency preferred)
- Excellent work ethic and team oriented
Salary & Benefits
This position offers full-time benefits, including a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
TCWGlobal is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.